Happy first Monday of December! So the countdown has officially begun. It seems each month is full of obligations and general busyness, but especially this one. Parties and traditions must be paid proper attention; thoughtful gift selection and wrapping must be conducted; and, most important, we must slow down enough to truly enjoy this entire month. I mean what really is the point if all we are is a bundle of stress? So, I've created December's moodboard to serve as a gentle reminder of the things I hope to get accomplished for the holidays, and to enjoy the process. This moodboard will also give you a heads up of what's to come this month.
- The first photo above is a little sneak peek of our holiday photos. My good friend, Jared (also my husband's cousin/best friend and whom my children call uncle - got all that? You may remember his Mini-View.), set aside a Saturday morning to help us with our holiday photos. I promise to share more from this photo shoot in another post. I played creative director and stylist for the photo shoot (gosh, that sounds so fancy) and Jared worked his magic behind the lens. Guess what? It was SO much fun! I think I found my new vocation. [smile] Now, I just need to work on the actual holiday card, order it, and mail it.
- I decided that I'm going with a black & white + gold color theme for our holiday decor. In theory, it doesn't sound very festive. However, take a look at those two photos above and tell me you're not feeling it. It's going to take all my willpower not to add just a drip of deep crimson into that color way, but I faith in myself.
- I've been seeing so many clever advent calendars. For me, this one takes the cake via A Merry Mishap.
- I'm dying to know, do any of you have fancy holiday parties to attend? What are you wearing? We will have three or four parties that are all relatively casual. We don't put any pressure on anyone to dress up, but I think most people enjoy wearing a little something special and sparkly this time of year. 'Tis the season, right? (I'm loving the little gold detail on that collar.)
- Last, but never least, this is the time of year where we clock in lots of much needed family and friend time. It's a celebratory time where we reflect on the year that has passed and the new that 2013 will shuffle in. Cheers to good friends, loving family, and each other. Are you excited for the new year? I'm curious, do you make resolutions or goals?
There above is the month in pictures. Oh, I totally forgot to include a Christmas tree. We do indeed go out, purchase a real tree, and decorate it. (Christine shared some potted Christmas trees last week that I just loved. Might have to set one of those up on our dining room table.) So, my friends, it's the last month of the year. Let's make it count!
PS~Did you enter my fun little giveaway? Scroll down or click here to enter.
image source: holiday tissue flower photographed by Jared Abe / presents via Decor8 / advent calendar via A Merry Mishap / playing dress up via Veanad / dinner party and a toast via Twelve at a Table