I'm gearing up for our book club meeting tomorrow night where we will discuss The Great Gatsby, among other things. If I'm being real honest, we spend about 15 minutes discussing the book of the month - a fast and furious discussion of our likes, dislikes, and things that left us pondering - and then we move on to discussing life. This formula works for us.
I wanted to thank you all again for the many wonderful book recommendations that were given in the comments of this post, and I wanted to highlight them here. As I mentioned before, I'm writing them all down and letting the book club group vote on which one we should read. I will share the outcome on Friday. In the meantime, here's the list of recommendations:
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (suggested by Lauren of Still + Life)
- Suite Francais by Irene Nemirovsky (suggested by Erin of I Like / Want / Need)
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe (suggested by Erin of Such Small Steps, including the next two)
- This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
- Cloud Atlas by
Liam CallananDavid Mitchell
- Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (suggested by Joy of Frock Files, including the next three)
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Sleepwalk with Me by Mike Birbiglia
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barberry
Aside from the people who made the initial recommendation, have you read any of these suggestions? Feel free to share your thoughts.
PS~If you're looking for recommendations that will help with inertia, Noreen suggested Redirect and Tina and Sam suggested John Williams' 30-day challenge, all of which sound very intriguing.
quote by Helen Keller