People, according to my calendar, this Saturday is the first day of autumn. How did that happen? Well, for the past month (thanks, retailers) we've all been clamoring for the beginning of fall, so now it's officially here. Autumn is my favorite season for all the reasons stated in that quote above. I also enjoy the annual ritual of pulling out fall staples, especially the sweaters; It's like getting a whole new wardrobe. Well, almost. There are a few new things I have on my wish list:
- Chunky cable knit sweaters (aka fisherman sweaters). I own a couple, but they're in desperate need of a new friend.
- Flat ankle boots. These continue to be my all-time favorite and...they're sold out. Oh, and see that gold detail on the heel? Watch for this trend to hit shoes this fall on both heels and toe caps.
- Yes, I'm still looking for the perfect army green jacket. This one is actually a parka, which is making a huge comeback. (Thanks, Quadrophenia.)
- Have you noticed that Coach is bringing back what they term, their archival bags - bag shapes and designs that were popular in the 1990's? I admit, I had a Coach bucket bag in its heyday, and I gave it away. And, that's why you never give things away. (Kicking myself.) What's old is new again.
- This season, I had an idea that I would like to wear more dresses and skirts (especially this skirt) with black tights (another fall favorite) and ankle boots or oxfords. Wearing something slightly more feminine paired with a more masculine sweater and shoe just sounds appealing to me. In truth, let's be realistic, my old stand-by denim will win that contest. It's similar to when I ask my daughter if she did [insert task kids don't want to do] and she answers in the affirmative. Then, I reply [because I know she didn't], "No, you didn't." To which she replies, "Let's pretend."
So, tell me friends, what are you most looking forward to wearing this fall? Planning on making any special purchases? Make-believe or real, I would love to hear. Happy hump day!