well, hello there and happy september! i did go a little m.i.a. there for a second. my apologies...i missed you so. we just returned last night from our trip up north to the bay area and i'm exhausted. i need a vacation from my vacation. so a second round of apologies if i'm not particularly prolific or coherent right now. as i like to do at the beginning of each month, i put together a little moodboard to, well, set the mood for september. here's how it's shaking out:
- september always feels like a month full of new beginnings to me as students return to school and learn new information. i thought i would follow suit by reading the creative habit by twyla tharp (recommended by lauren) and the power of now by eckhart tolle (recommended by annie). this month, i'm looking forward to creating new habits and harnessing the present. i'm also planning to take a few online classes with nicole. let the learning begin!
- all of us are fully aware that with september comes a new season, better known as fall. as the days grow shorter and the air becomes crisp, i'm most looking forward to breaking out the layers and catching the glow of red maple leaves.
- just a lovely quote by a lovely author, reminding me to mind my thoughts. i mean, who wouldn't want sunbeams shining out of their face?
- this month, my book club picked a classic, the great gatsby. i read this book many, many years ago (probably in high school) and, so, i've forgotten many of the details. i'm really looking forward to (re)reading it and getting lost in the era.
- oh, just a shot of my dream office where all of the above learning might take place, if this space were indeed mine. i would also plan to get plenty of blogging accomplished, and figure out where to next.
- i came across this quote - which is actually a martha stewart living motto - while i was reading this very informative alt summit new york recap. the motto and the post couldn't have come at a better time as i try to expand my horizons this month and realize how to live a more creative life. the one thing i know about myself to be 100% true is that i will never be through changing (or learning), and this certainty brings me a ton of happiness.
what are you certain about this month?
you know, the best part about going away is coming home. i will share more about san francisco and our trip later. for now, i have missed visiting everyone and have plenty of catching up to do. happy hump day!
image source: the creative habit by twyla tharp photographed by me / fall outfit via boden catalog / ronald dahl quote hand lettered by lisa cogdon found via / fall foliage photographed by me / book cover via the dieline (title changed by me) / office space / martha stewart living motto found via note to self