at the beginning of the month i mentioned that our family was scooting off on a road trip up north. (just think: seven hours of "are we there yet?") the family and i will be visiting some old friends, one of which is a good friend from college and the other is the sister of my college friend. in short, we all go way back. in fact, we all lived together in the sunset district and in the mission district of san francisco back in the 1990's. ah, memories.
the plan is to spend a few days with our good friends right outside of the city and then a couple of days right in the heart of san francisco [insert pun here]. in my time living in san francisco, there's one thing i learned for certain: the city has micro-climates, meaning that if it's hot in the mission district, it could be very cool in the marina district. thus, come prepared by dressing in layers.
so, here's what i think might be the perfect outfit for a day in the city:
- grab your husband's shawl collar cardigan and you will be ready for any fog that rolls in.
- for the warmer parts of the city, let's bring the sweater vest back, shall we? if your papa has one in his closet, go steal it right now.
- a pretty polka dot scarf.
- a pair of boyfriend jeans for a relaxed and comfortable look (a.k.a. leaving room to eat your weight in dim sum).
- cross body bag for hands/worry free shopping at the ferry building marketplace or taking in the sites at the california academy of science.
- bringing up the rear, comfortable walking shoes. actually, i really love these in red. #oldschool
now, if i could somehow multiply this outfit by three, i will be all set. what's your favorite association with san francisco? please don't say rice-a-roni. you will die a slow death of a million paper cuts.
happy hump day everyone!