here we go! the countdown for our family camping trip has officially started. as i mentioned on monday, we're departing this friday. i have the packing list printed out and am checking it and rechecking it. this is one of those trips where you don't want to forget anything, otherwise you're SOL. it's not like you can quickly run to target to pick up that bug repellent you forgot.
besides all the necessities one needs while camping, i like to make sure i'm wearing a comfortable outfit. don't we all? i mean, if i'm going to smell funky and feel like pigpen, my outfit should at least be comfortable, right? the weather calls for hot days and cool nights, so here is what i think i need outfit wise:
- baseball cap - i know i should be wearing this hat, but the new york one was more stylish. (i can hear my family yelling at me right now.)
- thin long sleeve plaid shirt - protects you from the elements night or day.
- shorts - temperatures are suppose to hit the 90's! while it wouldn't be my first choice to wear shorts - i prefer jeans - shorts just seem like the way to go.
- aviator sunglasses - i'm thinking any kind of sunglasses are a must with the hot temperatures.
- field jacket - some kind of jacket will be necessary when the temperatures dip at night.
- towelettes - i don't plan to wear makeup, but wet wipes in general are a must for any camping trip.
- north face backpack - you really can't/shouldn't bring one of those suitcases with wheels on a camping trip. it's like taking your good LV luggage on safari. oh, wait, people do that. oh well, what do i know?
- let's hear it for hunter boots! - i like to wear rubber rain boots around the campsite, which was inspired by kate moss at the glatsonbury music festival. the boots help to keep your footies dirt and dust free. when you get home just rinse the boots off with a water hose. so much easier to clean than tennis shoes. (though, i will also bring a pair of trainers should we go hiking.)
so, did i forget anything? oh, sun block. cannot forget the sun block. would you add anything else? (feel free to insert your funny here.)