happy first monday of august! as i do on every first monday of the month, i created a new moodboard to help set the month in motion and on the right foot. august is shaking out to be a pretty busy month. i suppose we're trying to squeeze every last drop of summer goodness out of the month.
so here is what's on the agenda for august:
- this coming friday, we will leave for our third annual family camping trip, along with five other families. every year the coordinator selects a different camp ground and this year we're heading to big bear. i'm just going to come clean and tell you that camping is my least favorite thing to do. ever. but, i promise you, not in a high-maintenance-i-can't-live-without-my-blow-dryer sort of way. (i don't even use a blow dryer.) it's more of a visceral dislike...almost like something happened to me in my childhood and scarred me from ever enjoying camping. maybe i watched one too many friday the 13th movies when i was young. don't those movies all entail camping and everyone getting murdered? anyway, it's once a year and i'm going. for the kids. if my tent could somehow look like the one above, i might just learn to love camping. i know, a pretty tent still doesn't solve the ax murder issue.
- the cake eating continues this month with a couple more birthday celebrations. my son is beyond excited to turn five and be all growns up.
- august is the last full month of summer and a beach scene seems most appropriate. i plan to enjoy every last second of this season before retailers start shoving the holidays down our throat. (this photo was taken by gray malin. are you familiar with his work? pretty gorgeous!)
- i finally convinced my husband to take a road trip up north at the end of the month. i'm looking forward to visiting good friends and spending some time in the city. i once lived in san francisco right after college and i'm excited to give the kids a taste of this amazing city. (this is definitely on the agenda!)
- i try to follow this simple rule of thumb when i'm writing and creating posts. an interesting question was brought up during blog brunch this past saturday - how much do you tailor your content to your readership? i don't tailor too much and just try to write about what i love, and hope it resonates. (sometimes i fail. ha-ha! ;) what about you, do you tailor your content? also, have you ever attended blog brunch? let's meet there next month.
overall, i suppose you could say that my frame of mind is set on frazzled this month. however, i'm reminding myself to stay calm, take things slow, enjoy the process, and make lists...lots and lots of lists! how is august shaking out for you?
image source: camping / cake via 100 layer cake photograph by apryl ann photography / beach scene photographed via maison gray / mom, inc. poster via oh joy! / san francisco cityscape