happy monday everyone! hope you all had a wonderful weekend. say, do you dread mondays?
for some time now, i've been chewing on ideas for a new monthly column, and i think i've finally worked out the details for something fun. every month, on a monday, i hope to get one of you to share your favorite things...items from around your home that bring a smile to your face. really, the items can be anything you want so long as they fit within a frame of one photo, shot from above. i can't think of a better way to start a new week then to see what makes other people happy.
- i've been on a bit of a throw pillow craze, namely in the black and white family. so when i saw these zig-zag pillow covers in black and white at west elm, i couldn't resist them.
- my hair is forever tied back in a bun or braid making ouchless hair ties a necessity. (you can always find an extra one around my wrist.)
- tomboy and staedtler pens for drawing and writing. i've tried tons of pens and these two brands have stood the test of time.
- mens timex watch from j.crew. my favorite feature of this watch is the changeable band. whenever the mood strikes, i buy a different band and instantly have a watch that looks new. apparently i have a thing for watches with black faces as i currently have three. it's funny when you start looking at your favorite things, you'll notice patterns start to form.
- one eleven studio clutch. these clutches made by tori are making me so happy right now. ever since we finished potty training my daughter, i no longer have to carry a diaper bag. hurray! i went from a big ol' diaper bag to these small clutches (polar opposites), and they're making my heart sing. i highly recommend.
- you undoubtedly know about my love for vanity fair. enough said, right?
- one of my all time favorite things is having fresh flowers in the house. so having pretty vases, like this white ceramic one from west elm, is a must.
- ah, volupsa, my favorite candle. mind you, i've never taken the plunge and purchased a diptyque, which is suppose to be amazing. until that day comes, volupsa completely satiates my candle need with a great price point and beautiful packaging.
- this print that i received from a lovely friend didn't fit in the shot, but it's filling my heart with happiness and gratitude.
so there you have it...just some things that are making this monday a little less dreadful. here's to a new week!
oh, one last detail i could use your help with is the name for this new column. i was thinking about "my monday with..." or "monday merriment with..." anyone know the term for words placed together that all start with the same first letter? for example, "making my monday" or "tasty tuesdays." this is the type of title i'm hoping to uncover. the suggestion box is officially open.