hello, hi, and howdy! hope you all had a great weekend. did you notice that we officially tripped into july over the weekend? that can only mean one thing - new moodboard! since fourth of july is this wednesday, i thought i would try to go with a red, white, and blue color theme, as much as i could. the overall feeling is patriotic including all of the best things that the month of july and summer have to offer.
- this month our family will be celebrating four birthdays! two of which are in our immediate family - my husband and daughter. their birthdays are seven days apart and she is definitely daddy's little girl. every year on her birthday, i pause and remember the ka-razy birth story. thank goodness i can laugh about it now. one day when my daughter is old enough, i will say to her, "mommy almost had you at disneyland."
- for this month's book club selection, we are reading gone girl by gillian flynn. i've heard so many great things about this book, i can't wait to start reading it. well, right after i finish the fire starter sesssions. almost there.
- those vanilla-strawberry-and-blueberry sundaes are my ode to fourth of july. don't they look dee-licious? martha stewart has the best food stylists and photographers. i can stare at great food photography for hours (ok, minutes).
- i've got summer dressing on my mind. i'm thinking my summer uniform will be denim cut-offs with a chambray shirt. i'll throw in some dresses and skirts on hotter days. i didn't realize i needed or wanted a jacket with grosgrain ribbon trim; such a sweet detail.
- that bedroom shot from heidi merrick's home is a reminder to catch up on all the sleep i let go to the wayside over the month of june. plus, the color scheme was perfection. how serendipitous!
- last, but certainly not least, july is dedicated to doing more of the things i love. i made my own little goal that every friday of summer, the kids and i would venture out and explore uncharted territory. it will be good for us to get lost in adventure. (a.k.a., pushing away from the computer and getting stimulated by life.)
so, that's july. a little bit busy, but in a very healthy way. what about you? how is july shaping up for you?