before i launch into this post, let me first preface it by saying that i am in no way a make-up maven. quite the contrary. on most days i don't wear a lick, which i'm sure the public adores. it's why i never leave the house without sunglasses, and sunscreen. don't forget the sunscreen, especially on the backs of your hands (they show the first signs of aging the quickest). however, when i do wear make-up, i wear laura mercier. i love their products. for many years i was a MAC girl, but made the switch about two years ago. (on a really good day, i would love for my make-up to look like du juan's above. just enough to bring out your best features.)
i usually skip or skim the beauty section of most magazines and instead rely upon recommendations or personal testimonials (especially from my sister-in-law) when making beauty decisions. are you the same way? well, if your like me and appreciate a good recommendation, let me share some things that i'm loving from laura mercier right now:
- foundation primer - a lotion you put on before you apply foundation or powder. helps to set the skin so it doesn't get oily hours later.
- mineral pressed powder - gives you a nice matte finish and beautifully evens out skin tone.
- black ebony eyeliner - this eyeliner is applied with a damp eyeliner brush. it takes a little extra time to apply, but i love the result.
- flat eyeliner brush - to apply the eyeliner.
- sundown eye shadow - has just a hint of shimmer, which is nice for night.
oh, i'm also a huge fan of over the counter beauty products. maybelline still makes the best mascara and neutrogena washes my face. what do you rely upon when making your beauty purchases? do you have any favorite beauty products? things you swear by and would recommend? i would love to hear because girlfriends know best.
image source: du juan photographed by wee khim for style singapore january 2012 via fashion gone rogue