here is my little collection of gifts that i received for christmas. i thought it would be fun to lay the items out and play with the composition (kind of like this). plus, i am trying to meet one of my new year's resolutions - take and share more of my own photos*. anyway, i am really in love with all the gifts i received (thank you, family!):
- faux fur scarf: at first, i thought the scarf was too fancy for me. but it's super soft and it keeps my neck warm, so my mind was quickly changed.
- striped tee shirt - guess what everyone? i received a striped tee shirt! (my sister knows all my addictions.) this one has a little zipper detail in the back.
- sparkly belt - adds just the right amount of bling to an all black outfit.
- fluffy slippers - i love these slippers! i love them so much i've been carrying them around with me as we make the holiday house visits. i take off my (real) shoes, take these babies out of my bag, and slip them on. foot heaven.
- ballet flats - these cuties have sweet little gold studs around the toe and heel.
- kate spade gold bracelet - on the inside of the bracelet are the words, "heart of gold". ahhh, shucks.
- j.crew gift cards - so i can buy more striped goodness. nuff said.
- lumix camera with pancake lens - thanks, honey! (how did you know?!)
- five year journal - ok, this journal is pretty neat, people. on the top of each page of the journal there is the month and day. below the month and day are five spaces where you fill in the year and write a sentence or two about your day. my first entry was on 1/1/12. next year, on 1/1/13, i will return to this same page and again write one or two sentences about my day underneath the 1/1/12 entry. so on and so forth until 2017. isn't that neat? for five years, i can just look at the above entries to know exactly what i was doing one year ago on the same day.
- LOVE - last, but never least, i received love. lots and lots of love...[wait for it]...priceless.
ok, so, spill. what did you all receive for christmas? what gift (purchased or priceless) did you love the most?