above are a few out takes of the "photo shoot" we did with the kids for our holiday card. we had fun; the kids not so much. we did manage to get them to laugh. the cards have since arrived. now onto addressing, stamping, and mailing them.
in other news, as i've mentioned a dozen or so times before (thanks for indulging me), we are gearing up for a big celebratory weekend. we'll be doing lots of preening, prepping, and partying. on saturday night, our little city will be having their annual holiday boat parade. it's always fun to see the boats decked out in holiday lights and the homes on the canal open for the festivities. and on sunday, sunday, SUNDAY, is our family party. i'll be sure to let you know how it all turns out.
what i'm most interested in hearing is what you all are up to this weekend. any parties? any staying in doors for a cozy night? whatever you do, please be safe and have a wonderful weekend. i will silently raise a glass of pinot to you all this weekend: cheers! salud! kampai! skal! okole maluna!
in parting, i leave you with some things i was grateful for and loving this week:
- because i did a u-turn on the gift guide, here are two real ones that you'll love for certain. one for the tomboy and one for the kids.
- if you need further inspiration for gift giving, make sure to check out the post social.
- whenever i need to remind myself to slow down and appreciate life, i always stop by thelittlest. it's the sweetest littlest blog.
- i found this wildly funny blog*: like want need. if you need convincing read this, and then peruse the rest of the site. pinky promise, erin's taste and writing are good.**
- speaking of funny, you have to watch this.
**i love to laugh. it's the best antidote for, well, anything. for me, a good laugh ranks right up there with a good massage. no, seriously.